Pumpkin Cake Pops
One of the famous logo during Thanksgiving is Pumpkin (don’t forget Halloween too). That’s why I made some Pumpkin cake pops as my center piece at the same time for dessert. Again I used store bought cake mix and frosting so my work will be more easier. Just in time for Thanksgiving dinner. Let’s start!
- Orange Candy Melts
- Paper Straws
- Green Ribbon
- EZ thin
- Pretzel Sticks
- Devil’s Food Cake (Duncan Hines)
- Chocolate frosting (Duncan Hines)
- Bake the cake mix and when it is already completely cool place it in a large bowl. Crumble it using your hands. Add 2/3 of the chocolate frosting and mix it well. Using a cookie scoop start rolling into balls. Place on the wax paper and pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, melt the candy melts. Dip the paper straw and insert it into the cake pop. let it dry completely.
- Put some EZ thin (shortening) onto the remaining candy melts and mix until the candy melts becomes smooth.
- Dip the cake pop onto the candy melts and tap the excess onto the side of the bowl or cup.
- Cut the pretzel sticks into small piece and place it on top of the cake pop. Using a teaspoon start drawing lines to look like a pumpkin using the candy melt. You can now start wrapping the cake pops and add ribbon to secure it.
Not really perfect but my friends and family members think I did a good job. They enjoyed eating the mini pretzel stick on top. I hope you guys enjoy reading my Thanksgiving recipes. Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Let us all give thanks and enjoy life more. Cheers!
One of the dessert I made was Chocolate Pie. I was supposed to make Pumpkin Pie but some of my family members doesn’t like it. Well who doesn’t like chocolate for dessert. I was very busy preparing lots of food for Thanksgiving dinner so the pie crust I used was the refrigerated that can bought in supermarket. This is very easy to make if you don’t want to many work. Let’s start!
- 2 refrigerated Pie Crust
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix cocoa powder and sugar. Before using the pie crust prick the bottom using a fork.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and melted butter. Whisk together until batter texture becomes thin.
- Pour the batter into the crust for 50 minutes until the chocolate mixture sets up.
- Let it completely cool down. Add chocolate shavings on top of the pie.
Chocolate will always be a winner. When I was baking it the aroma of the chocolate was all over the house. Add whipped cream on top to make it more yummy. The texture of the chocolate was creamy, not to sweet and the crust was very crispy. It was easy to make and good for gift giving for Thanksgiving party. Chocolate is love! Cheers!
Baked Penne Pasta
Another dish that I made for Thanksgiving dinner was Baked Penne Pasta. My nephews love to eat pasta so it should always be present on any gathering. Let’s start!
- 500g Penne
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1 whole sweet onion (diced)
- 2 cups of tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese
- Condiments (salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar, basil)
- Boil water on a large pot. Add Salt and Penne. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet saute onion, sun dried tomatoes and ground pork until brown.
- Season it with the condiments and Parmesan Cheese. Taste it to check if you are satisfied with the flavor. Add the cooked Penne and mix in the tomato sauce.
- Pour into a greased glass baking dish. Sprinkle more Parmesan Cheese and add the grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is already melted.
The smell of the cheese drives my tummy crazy. The sun dried tomatoes enchance the flavor of the dish. The family loves it especially my nephews. Pasta will always be the number one choice. You can garnish some herbs on top of the dish. Hope you like this easy recipe. Love Lots!
Brussels Sprouts and Tomatoes with Bacon
I love Brussels Sprouts and won’t mind eating it everyday. So I decided to make this as one of my side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. This is very easy to make and healthy.
- 3 pounds of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds of Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 pieces of bacon cut into strips
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder and rosemary
- Parmesan Cheese
- Boil a pot of water and add salt on it. Trim the bottom of the Brussels Sprout and cut into half. Add the Brussels Sprout and cook for 6 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- In a large skillet add the oil and bacon stirring occasionally. When bacon is already crispy remove from the skillet and set aside. Add the Brussels Sprout and cook about 10 minutes or until it becomes brown. Stir in the bacon, tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary. Make sure to taste it so you’ll know if you still gonna need to add for seasonings. Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese on top. Serve hot.
I was surprised when my family actually love it with turkey than the mashed potatoes. It was very light and tasty. The bacon made this dish flavorful and yummy. One of my top side dish recipe. More Thanksgiving recipe to come. Cheers! Love your greens!
"Someday I’ll find my own Kermit"
Smarties Flower Brownies
I baked some brownies for my niece and nephew. I used some smarties to make a flower shape on top. Just to make it more fun and pretty. This is so easy to make that even kids will enjoy making it. Let’s begin!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease the skillet pan.
- Mix together oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt.
- Using a whisk, stir together the egg mixture and flour mixture until well combine.
- Pour the batter on the cupcake cup. add the smarties on top until it shape into flower. Do not press in.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool down completely.
The Smarties might sink a little bit but that’s fine just as long as the flower can be seen. This can also be good for spring time parties. Brownies was yummy and color-licious! Cheers!
Oreo Bits Sandwiches Matcha Latte
Hi there! Another matcha/green tea snack review again. I went to Candyland in Aberdeen Mall just to check what’s new. Then I saw these babies :) Bite size Oreo with smooth and creamy thick rich green color matcha filling. The sweetness and bitterness of this treat was just right. You can’t actually smell the matcha but you can taste it. Highly addictive so watch those fingers. Chocolate and green tea will always be a perfect match! I love it! Check your local Japanese store to try it out.
My home made baked nachos :) Craving satisfied!